Saturday, January 19, 2019

My life is back...

Through luck or divine intervention, I ended up at Hospital for Special Surgery in Dr. Todd Albert's office hoping that my pain in the neck was the source of my quasi-paralysis. Dr. Albert is chief of surgery and coincidentally, a former classmate of my wife's brother, also a doctor. There cannot be a more thorough screening of patients than that of HSS and Dr. Albert's staff must be the best of the best at HSS. That team zeroed in to my condition in one day and I was scheduled for spine surgery  two weeks from my first phone call to their office. Think of that response to something that had been undiagnosed by my other doctors for years.

The HSS surgery by Dr. Todd Albert repaired a "severe compression" of my spinal cord in my neck. That was three days ago and I am now free of those life-changing symptoms and quickly recovering from the knife. They say I have to take it slow for a couple of weeks. I did 60 minutes on my exercise bike this afternoon. It's pretty nice to have my life back. 

No comments: