Friday, January 18, 2019

Nightmare in New York

Wow! So much has transpired since my last post just after it was decided that I would not yet benefit enough from deep brain surgery. Shortly after that, my body started acting bizarrely with sudden weakness and numbness in arms, legs and hands. Then it accelerated to partial paralysis, tingling sensation in my limbs and severe pain in my neck. And the last point gave me a clue that I hoped would be a clue to what was happening to me. I thought that my chronic neck pain was somehow related to the rest of my deterioration. That was my hope since the alternatives were probably not curable and the neck at least might be. I had been treating the neck pain with physical therapy and a epidural steroid shot at the advice of the doctors at a pain management doctor group. Very unfortunately, they failed to diagnose correctly which would have concluded that a severe compression of my spine in my neck was the source of the problem. All of this nightmare could have been avoided. They repeatedly told me that they could fix my neck pain with therapy despite the fact that I had tried therapy for over two years. Then again, they sell pain management services.

Next post will explain what happened next. 

No comments: