Monday, September 24, 2018

Proof that intense exercise works in stopping Parkinson's symptoms

Okay. Pay attention. This is important.

I have been working with a new physical therapist for two weeks. She is the best PT I have ever worked with. (That would be seven PT's total.) She is expert in treating people with Parkinson's; has taught me much in just two weeks and has provided me with a whole bunch of new weapons in my fight against Parkinson's.

This is the important part. She told me that I work harder at keeping physically fit to fight  PD than any of her other patients. Then she said that I was her most mobile, agile, and almost physically normal patient.

There you have it. Confirmed by an expert Parkinson's physical therapist. My exercise program works. And not only does it work, but it is so effective that her patients that are younger and who have had PD for many fewer years than me, cannot compare with my ability to keep PD from affecting me the way it would otherwise because of my relentless battle.

I exercise more than anyone else working with my therapist and I have the mildest and fewest symptoms. That is not a coincidence. I made that happen. If you have PD and you do not exercise extremely hard, you should talk to  your doctor about an intense exercise program. If he or she is not willing to help you give this priority, find a new doctor. Then thank me.

I'm waiting.



I did a photo shoot at the World Trade Center last week. This is one shot.
I can still take professional quality photographs because my Parkinson's is hardly affecting me because my exercise program works. Please visit my photography website NYUrbanimages.com

Also last week, my photographs were exhibited at One Art Space in Tribeca, for my second New York City show. I'm now working on my third. Stay tuned.

No comments: