Friday, October 5, 2018

Okay. I'M BACK!


So I took a couple of days off. If you were thinking Parkinson’s had done me in, think again. I admit that I am going through some changes. This I expected when I moved to a new medical practice (that’s where doctors go to practice on real live patients.) Apologies to my doctor relatives and friends. But no apologies to neurologists who are not trained as Parkinson’s experts but are masquerading  as something they are not and pretending they can treat Parkinson’s diseased people. Shame on you.. Okay.so I got a little more frustration off my chest.  Can I post more frustration on fake Parkinson’s doctors tomorrow for anyone? Thank you in advance.

To keep you informed, know that my physical therapist is so helpful and caring. She is an expert because she is trained to treat Parkinson’s patients. She visits me at home twice a week and has really helped me with so many issues. If you don’t have a physical therapist, you may be wasting so much time and energy. I know because I wasted so much of my own time and energy. Here is a list of things she has or will help me with or locate other resources as I need them.

1.       Review exercise program and make changes to avoid injury and help overuse injuries to heal.

2.       Provide physical manipulation to neck, shoulder and back to help heal some muscular strains and pain.

3.       Provide walking and balance training to eliminate common PD problems with these functions.

4.       Recommend other programs like Tai Chi and boxing.

I like her a lot and I want to make her an expert with those symptoms that affect me so that she can use this expertise to help others. (Consider it a gift. You’re welcome.) She thinks I am quite knowledgeable about exercise (50 years of exercise will make you an expert also. Try it.) and hope to help her expand her knowledge of exercise and its impact on PD.

She already knows that exercise in the best way to fight PD. If you have PD and you do not exercise in some format (that includes sitting in a wheelchair and doing what you can, because that whatever you can will help. You might even get rid of that wheelchair. It wouldn't be the first time it happened.)



There are very few reasons not to exercise. Chances are whatever excuse you are using isn’t a good one.

No comments: