Monday, October 15, 2018

At some point, you're going to need physical therapy.

I have a physical therapist come to my house twice a week for an hour each time and it's covered by my insurance and Medicare. I have a co-pay, but what I get from this service is amazingly helpful. The PT started for pain in my neck (for which I had 36 visits at two facilities and which were not helpful.) and has expanded to include managing Parkinson's symptoms. My assigned therapist is absolutely the smartest, most pleasant, professional and attentive of the many I have used over the years, and I have  the convenience of not having to go to a facility only to be ignored while the therapists stand around and talk about everything except your treatment. (Note to therapists: Your clients hear everything you talk about.) Not all physical therapist facilities are like that. Some are, some aren't. But when you qualify for and receive home visit physical therapy, you get complete attention for a full hour, not the ten minutes you learn to expect when you go to a facility. And you don't have to listen to the latest gossip from the staff of a facility.

Here is a photo from a recent shoot. See more at my photography website.

NYUrbanimages.com


No comments: