Thursday, November 8, 2018


Deep Brain. The sequel?

My new doctors at Columbia University have wasted no time with approaching my Parkinson’s symptoms as aggressively as I have been fighting this disease for the last 14 years. I love my new doctors!!  

I refuse to sit around and give-in to that filthy piece of dog-shit disease. My doctors and psychologists have evaluated me mentally and physically and feel  I am an excellent candidate for deep brain stimulation. I know what you are thinking. The surgery must have low standards. So, what’s your point? You can’t get me down when it comes to fighting Parkinson’s. Screw it all. I am ready to take my fight to the next level. I think I will volunteer to allow a video team to document my entire experience in order to convince more people to grow a pair of balls and fight. The only persons to benefit from this will be those who want to get better, and I mean really want it; not just think about it.  Deep brain stimulation  involves drilling holes in the top of the head and the inserting of microscopic wire and electric transmitters into the center of the brain to transmit electric current to stimulate the brain into producing chemicals to help transmit more efficiently messages between parts of the brain and muscles. This treatment reduces symptoms instead of, or in conjunction with, drugs.  I could write on for chapters from what I have researched. If you want to learn more, Google Deep Brain Stimulation. (If you don’t want to learn more, you are probably already reading something else.) Nevertheless, you will have a lot of fun reading about this, no? Well, if you are still reading this blog, it says something about your taste in reading material (not sure what).

Don’t expect my Deep Brain Stimulation documentary to show at the Sundance Film Festival. Nevertheless,  auditions start next week.

Some of this is tongue in cheek; but I am seriously considering filming my entire deep brain experience to encourage others who might benefit.

No comments: