Thursday, August 23, 2018

After writing this, I thought about apologizing.


Another good news; bad news scenario. This time it is the evaluation of the TRX exercise system that I bought to add to my arsenal of weapons to resist Parkinson’s disease. First the good news. I love TRX. It is just what I was looking for in a new exercise tool. It uses muscles in a new and higher intensity  way in order to increase strength and endurance in the expectation (and hope) that this will get more control over PD symptoms. Yes, it’s too  early to reach this good news as a conclusion, but it feels that way. We’ll see.

Now the bad news. TRX is so good  at what it does that unless you are already in above average shape, you will have a tough time using it. Therefor, you will most likely not be able to take advantage of the main benefits of TRX because it may be too hard for most PD people. However, what you might be able to do is get fit and go beyond so that eventually you may be able to use TRX to your benefit. I don’t believe in limitations.

Based on how much better I felt after just a few weeks of higher intensity exercise in response to creeping Parkinson’s symptoms, I am more convinced that the strongest defense against Parkinson’s is a strong and fit body which comes from vigorous exercise.

If I knew that and I did not have PD, but knew that I could get it later in life, I hope that I would be diligent enough to get into, or stay in,  shape so I could put up a good resistance when and if Parkinson’s came knocking at my door.

Not to worry.  I promise I will never say I told you so. And I hope to never have reason to even think that. Take care of yourself. (I wonder what I would think if I didn’t have PD but just read this annoying blog. Should I apologize? If you think I should, then I do. If you don’t think it is necessary, then forget about it.)
No apologies for one of my favorite photos? Can you ID it?
Photography

No comments: